What are the possible side effects of ZULRESSO?
ZULRESSO can cause serious side effects, including:
Excessive sedation and sudden loss of consciousness. ZULRESSO may cause you to feel very sleepy (excessive sedation) or pass out (loss of consciousness) during treatment. Your healthcare provider should check you for symptoms of excessive sleepiness every 2 hours while you are awake.
- During your ZULRESSO infusion, tell your healthcare provider right away if you feel like you cannot stay awake during the time you are normally awake or if you feel like you are going to pass out. Your healthcare provider may lower your dose or stop the infusion until your symptoms go away
- You must have a caregiver or family member with you to help care for your child(ren) during your ZULRESSO infusion
How can I watch for and try to prevent suicidal thoughts and actions?
- Pay close attention to any changes, especially sudden changes in mood, behavior, thoughts, or feelings, or if you develop suicidal thoughts or actions
- Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have any new or sudden changes in mood, behavior, thoughts, or feelings
- Keep all follow-up visits with your healthcare provider as scheduled. Call your healthcare provider between visits as needed, especially if you have concerns about symptoms
Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have any of the following symptoms:
The most common side effects of ZULRESSO include:
- Dry mouth
- Passing out
- Flushing of the skin or face
These are not all the side effects of ZULRESSO. For more information, talk to your healthcare provider.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
ZULRESSO and some medicines may interact with each other and cause serious side effects.
Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take:
- other antidepressants
- CNS depressants such as benzodiazepines
Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of them to show your healthcare provider and pharmacist when you get a new medicine. Your healthcare provider will decide if other medicines can be taken with ZULRESSO.
What else should I know about ZULRESSO?
ZULRESSO may make you feel dizzy and sleepy. Do not drive a car or do other dangerous activities after your ZULRESSO infusion until your feeling of sleepiness has completely gone away.